Sunday 30 March 2014

It Has To End...

Dearest Reader,

This will be the last entry I ever make into this journal.

Not because my time is up and the tattoo is going to kill me, not because Samael is going to get my soul, but because tonight-we have conspired to finally get rid of Samael once and for all from my family line...

And I'm afraid this time, I may not escape with my life.

I sit here writing this in my car outside of Israel's church, while we wait for the others to arrive with the materials we need to perform the ritual we require and surprisingly...

Everyone has pulled through for me...

Caleb has been helping me with our stupid "Baby Think It Over" assignment (he's my assigned partner) and I can see why Robin hangs around him...His presence is...oddly comforting, like having a close loyal companion by your side...(I can't help but bring up the similarity in sensation to that of having a dog by your death bed.)

Israel has promised me that he'll ensure Samael doesn't screw up our plan, that he'll protect me till the very end...His righteous fire and devotion like a candle in a dark room...

Chantel has convinced Tobias to help with the ritual and she's even going so far as to lend her own power to help anyway she can...

Ardath ( I know, surprising right? ) has even volunteered to get us cold iron and other raw materials for the binding circle using his vast amount of connections and resources.

And my beloved Robin...She's organized them all together...She's the one leading the project from the sidelines, making sure that everything goes smoothly....Robin...I'd wish you'd talk with me...

Through some small convincing, I have gotten my family history back from my mother...It has been infinitely helpful in getting to know Samael's weaknesses...I think we're missing something, but I'm sure we'll figure it out before long...

Dearest Reader, this book will probably not survive tonight, and ironically, nor will it's current chronicler. Me.

I'm not even sure why I'm writing this anymore...I'm nervous...No, that's not it.

I'm terrified. I'm going to die tonight.

But...

I think this is how it was supposed to end...I think somewhere inside me, I've always known it was going to come down to this...I mentioned once before that there was not going to be a happy ending for me...And now...I'm positive of it.

I started writing this as a chronicle for whoever would come after me...But, now I see this journal has been all about me, and all for me this whole time...Now I see, that I needed this more then I've needed anything...To sort out my thoughts, to make my mark, to make it seem like my life was worth something...

Now with my friends and lover pulling into the parking lot, ready to risk everything to save me; or at least, release me from my curse, I find that now more then ever, my life does have meaning...My life has them in it.

Thank you for helping me realize that. If you all get the chance to read this:

Thanks for everything guys, you're the best.

Robin if you're reading this--check your locker.

So, for the last time Dearest Reader,

Yours Sincerely,
-Vincent Godfried Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment